02 September 2011

Bunting and Cupcake Toppers.






When we arrived home from the winging, I had cupcakes baked and the house decorated to make the occasion feel really special. Travis was surprised and I could tell that it meant a lot to him.  I made the cupcakes in cute little gold cupcake wrappers and then took paint chips from Home Depot in gold, red, and yellow and cut out little flags and attached them to toothpicks with double stick tape. I thought they turned out really cute for something so easy.  I also sewed this red and yellow bunting to hang, which was also very easy. I opted out of hemming them, because it wasn't the look I was going for. I got the fabric at Wal-mart along with the white bias tape. It was so quick to cut them out with a rotary cutter and then sew them on with the cute zig zag stitch. I had a ton of triangles left over and will for sure make more of this for future celebrations. It's great that the bunting is reusable for other times in Travis' career. It would be so easy to also make this in different colors for birthday parties and such.  I really enjoyed getting to see everything come together.

1 comment: