27 September 2011

Project List.

Sunset in Key West
Vacation was amazing and I have so many things I want to share from our trip. As we move out of vacation mode and back into semi-normal real life, I am making a really fun list of projects to do while Travis is at Seer school next week.  I am going to need lots of things to do to pass the time... things aside from packing and organizing for the movers to come. So, here are the fun things that I am thinking about doing:

-finish the adorable little purse that I am working on... pics soon!
-make a skirt... or two. I think I am going to refashion an old Forever 21 dress that doesn't fit quite right anymore and turn it into a skirt, as well as make one from scratch.  I know Fall is here, but it still feels like Summer, so I am not giving up on skirts yet.
-I have some new frilly, lacy stencils that I am dying to try out on something sweet.
-I have also been thinking a lot about drawing. I don't know what my drawings look like now. They are definitely different from my grad school work, but I want them to have the same feel. Here are words that come to mind... feminine, delicate, lacy, pattern, graphite, translucent paper, play with scale (massive drawings do not fit our lifestyle!), thinking about drawing on fabric/tea towels, coffee/tea stains, paper cutting, still using stencils and free form stencils that I have made, sewing, quilts, maps, transitioning, moving...
I know there are more... I really need to devote some time to playing and figuring out what is going to work for me.  I am excited about the thought of these though.

That's pretty much what's on my mind, except for all of the non-fun stuff like work and moving and all the details associated with that... I'll post pictures soon.

3 comments:

  1. You can still wear skirts in fall, wear tights and boots with them and it pulls it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I wish I was better at that! I'm not very stylish in cold weather.

    ReplyDelete