31 August 2011

Winging gift.

Yes, those are my toes... too lazy to edit them out. :)


For Travis' winging I knew that I wanted to get him a little something special that wasn't too over the top.  He had been talking about wanting a felt board for his patches, so I took that idea and ran with it. I got a frame, minus glass, at Hobby Lobby. I got a piece of wood from Lowe's, where they cut it down for me in the perfect size. I picked up some cork board squares and some black felt and went to work. It was super easy to assemble. I just attached the cork boards to the wood, then covered the whole thing in felt, staples it down on the back side and slipped it into the back of the frame and held it all in with a black piece of poster board and staples around the edges. I got some eye hooks for hanging it and attached those to the back and I was all done. It was a super easy project and he loves it. Now he has a place to keep all of this old squadron patches and various other ones that he collects and since I added the cork board, he can also use it for pins as well. It turned out to be the perfect gift and will look great in his new office.

No comments:

Post a Comment